cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to attach to a resources Exchange GRT enabled job failed on deduplication disk storage

Santosh23
Level 3

Hi,

I am useing backup exec 2014.  While taking backup of Exchange store have GRT option enabled it is getting failed on Deduplication disk drive.

Same backup job is getting succesful on other local backup drive.

Anyone please tell me Exchage GRT backup job is supported of [Deduplication disk drive] or not.  If you have article for same then please provide me.

Regards,

Santosh Pawar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Santosh23
Level 3

Yes it is fully patched.

And got the solution.

Earlier exchange backup job was getting failed with 0 bytes on duduplicateion drive.

Now i have select option 'Enable the remote computer to access the storage device through the backup exec server and to perform backup exec server-side deduplication, if it is supported' from storage option.

And manually fired the Exchange GRT backup job which has completed successfully.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Yes it is, but you haven't provided an error message, so please do so.

Thanks!

Santosh23
Level 3

Exchange store Backup job has failing with error 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Make sure that any form of anti-malware or anti-virus software is not touching anything to do with Dedup

Although potentially a different error, this article will give you an idea on the sorts of things you may need to exclude from anti-malware monitoring (against both file system locations and running processes)

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH223256

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is your media server fully patched?

Thanks!

Santosh23
Level 3

Yes it is fully patched.

And got the solution.

Earlier exchange backup job was getting failed with 0 bytes on duduplicateion drive.

Now i have select option 'Enable the remote computer to access the storage device through the backup exec server and to perform backup exec server-side deduplication, if it is supported' from storage option.

And manually fired the Exchange GRT backup job which has completed successfully.

Thanks.