cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to backup NAS device

kosowski
Level 2
Using BE for SBS v11d, trying to backup data on Linksys NSS4000.  Cannot load remote agent on device, yet backup won't run because it can't initialize remote agent.  Symantec tech support said to turn off NDMP, but the device does not have it.

Also noticed the resource credentials fail for the device at the IP address, but are successful for the data folder being backed up.  Not sure if this is part of the problem, or a result of the remote agent problem.

Please, does anyone have any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Rather than browsing to the NAS in the backup selections pane, try creating a User Defined Share.   You'll still get a warning about the RAWS not being installed, but the backup should go ahead and run

kosowski
Level 2
We had the device setup as a User Defined Share, but were unsuccessful in creating a completed backup job until we separated the NAS drive into its own job.  Now I have to turn my attention to the problems with the NAS drive as the box tends to just go offline near the end of the backups, but not all of the time.  I have yet to complete 3 consecutive days worth of backup jobs since we got the thing over a month ago.