cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to catalogue imported media

Fred_Gaynor
Level 2
Catalog 0270 -- The job failed with the following error: One or more pieces of media in the media family being cataloged has not been inventoried.
No objects on these media may be cataloged.

My main server (DC and Exchange running SBS2003, Veritas) has blown a processor, taking the motherboard with it. Dell are due to complete the fix in the morning but I have another machine ready to take over now.
The problem is that I can't get the veritas install to catalogue the backups which are on a B2D folder on a third machine.

I have performed several device inventories, and also tried inventorying all the individual files - but I still get the error above. Can anyone help me please?
5 REPLIES 5

Al_Capone
Level 4
hi

that means when you have done this backup there was more than 1 tape for that job. you have to find out what tape was used. you may check in the catalog log to see if it will give you the tape number missing.

Sometime your media is in the Media called
Backup Exec and Windows NT Backup Media

Move your tape to another media set. you can drag it into Media Set 1 then you will be able to do your catalog.

Al Capone

Fred_Gaynor
Level 2
Thanks for you help al, but there are no tapes involved - all the files are on a disk drive. I've only been using it for a short time and there is plenty of space. I've tried moving the files to media set 1 as you suggest but it won't then let me inventory media set1, or perform the catalogue - it fails with the same error.

Thanks again, I hope this can be resolved... its getting late :(

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

How did you integrate the backup files with the new installation? Did you create a backup to disk folder with the same name that points to the original location. Next inventory all media that is part of the backup and then catalog it.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Fred_Gaynor
Level 2
Well, thats what I did. It seems to be behaving as if some media are missing, but afaik they are not...

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please check if there are any errors reported in the event logs.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.