Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete job created by policy

Dan007
Level 4

Backup Exec 12.5 SP3 plus hotfixes
Windows Server 2003

Yesterday I was looking at using Policy to create backup jobs, and today I realise I cannot get rid of them!  Initially I highlighted one of the jobs, and pressed the delete key, but a dialogue box informed me that:

"To delete a job that was created by policy, remove the association brtween the policy and the selection list. Click "Delete jobs created by policy" in the Job Setup Task pane."

Unfortunately, the option is greyed out in the Task pane.  From looking at forums etc. it looks like I might need Symantec to talk me through running an SQL script?

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks,
Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
You need to click on the policy itself which should then ungrey the option - instead of click on the job and expecting it to be available.

If this fails then you will need to open a support case and ask the support team to review Internal Technote 284704

Note this document is not public as editing the database directly can cause problems so should only be done under supervision, we also encourage a database backup to be taken prior to running the script (just in case)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
You need to click on the policy itself which should then ungrey the option - instead of click on the job and expecting it to be available.

If this fails then you will need to open a support case and ask the support team to review Internal Technote 284704

Note this document is not public as editing the database directly can cause problems so should only be done under supervision, we also encourage a database backup to be taken prior to running the script (just in case)

Dan007
Level 4
Colin,

Many thanks - I was being foolish...

Best wishes,
Dan