cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download pdf-files regarding BackupExec

wolfgang
Level 2
Hello,

is the Symantec FTP Server down, or why is it not possible to download pdf files (dokumentations) like this:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/306831.pdf

This error seems to be relatet to all downloads from ftp://exftpp

I am trying to download from Europe.

Thanks for your input.

Wolfgang
6 REPLIES 6

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi Wolfgang,

I am based in Ireland and i had no problem downloading the PDF you have in the link above!
Must be a local issue?

Gilly

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Based in South Africa and I can get it. Check your proxy settings in your browser to make sure it has the right port, and IP address of the proxy server.
It could also be that your proxy server is blocking FTP access.

chicojrman
Level 6
It's a PDF so download Adobe reader.

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Hi 

If it's BE 12.5 . you can click on help and you see an option for BE admin guide in BE console . No need to use the download link . It will automatically redirect you there.

Thanks 

andrew2
Not applicable
Partner
As a consultant, I regularly access Symantec documentation.  For the past several weeks I have been unable to.  Accessing the site from my home network I am unable to download pdfs, regardless of what computer/os/browser I use.  I am however, able to download documentation when I access via vpn through my workplace.  is there some sort of IP based blacklist that prevents me from full access to the site?

Thanks for the help!

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified

If you do experience problems downloading PDFs please provide as much information as you can about your network, including the type of network, (we've seen other reports of it working via VPN to work but not at home) and the ISP gateway IP address in use. You should be able to find this by typing the following from a command line:

tracert ftp.support.veritas.com

Then DM me the results and if you wish you can strip out your internal network info and the first public hop that might be your internet facing 'real' IP provided by your ISP.