cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to initialize Remote Agent errors

Level 2
Hi,
I have some servers that are on the other side of a NAT device, and so therefore cannot use Remote Agent to do the backups. I instead use the simple shared folder method. Everything is backing up fine, and the selection list works well, but every sharepoint I have (multiple shares across multiple servers) gives me a "Unable to initialize Remote Agent" error when the backup is finished. These servers used to be local, and used to have remote agent installed, but it has been removed, and the servers have been deleted and re-added to the "User-defined selections" list.
Any ideas how to get BEWS to stop thinking that remote agents are involved?

TIA, Dave
2 REPLIES 2

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Even if you are backing up using User Defined Shares, you will need to install the Remote Agent.

Additionally refer the following documention.

Title:
Backup Exec 9.x for Windows Servers has improved support for backups of remote computers.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255831

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.