cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch DLO from Remote Admin Console

MPR
Level 4
Backup Exec 2010 with DLO option installed on Windows 2003 R2 server. The Remote BE Admin Console is installed on a Windows XP box. I've installed the Remote Admin Console on a technician's PC to check backup results and keep track of DLO backups. If we try to open the DLO, we get one of two messages. The first is if we use the user credentials, even if the user is a local admin on the backup server: Failed to connect to Media Server: you do not have administrative access rights. The other is if we try to use an admin account: Unable to connect to server Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed... Now, I want the tech to be able to check backup job results and the DLO status but would very much prefer to keep him off the server itself. I have no issues logging into the BE Remote Admin console on the computer, but can't get into the DLO window. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.
2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If you use the same account to log on to BE and DLO on ws 2003 r2 does it work?

MPR
Level 4

Sorry for the late response.  Turns out the DLO was working Monday morning.  Don't know why it is all of a sudden but thanks for your help.