cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to obtain settings for remote agent publishing from the registry

Otaku_Lord
Level 3

This issue started for me over the weekend.  The server in question was working fine up to this point.  The server that is having this issue is also the media server.

I have tried restarting the remote agent to no avail.

I have also tried clearing the job history and all relevant log files.  This caused Backup Exec to lose connection and require me to log back in.  When I got back in the job histories were still there so I tried deleting them five or six entries at a time.  The backup was still failing.

I have rebooted the server now and tried to run the backup which appears to be successful.  Is there any way to prevent this from happening again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Otaku_Lord
Level 3

Sorry for not responding sooner everyone.  I believe that the issue resolved itself but I have put out a few more fires since this issue was opened and don't remember.  I appreciate the assistance!

OL

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello 

Make sure that the remote agent service is configured with Local system account and 

port#10000 is not being used by any other application apart from beremote.exe.

Also open MS Internet Explorer, click on Tools->Internet Options->Programs & set the 

default Email client as MS Outlook or Outlook Express.

Sush---
Level 6

Refer to these technotes to resolve the issue.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH61658 : Unable to obtain settings for Remote Agent Publishing from the registry" occurs after launching the Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility and clicking on the Publishing Tab

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66820 : Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Server service is not listed in the Services Console after successful installation of Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers(RAWS).

If the issue persist then check the Event viewer to get the exact error.

Thanks,

-Sush... 

Sush---
Level 6

Are there any updates on this post? Is your issue resolved?? If its resolved then please mark the appropriate post as Solution and close the post.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Otaku_Lord
Level 3

Sorry for not responding sooner everyone.  I believe that the issue resolved itself but I have put out a few more fires since this issue was opened and don't remember.  I appreciate the assistance!

OL