cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore to ISCSI Attached Storage

coxo2609
Level 2

Hello

Hope someone can help.  We have recently bought a SAN and have attached a 2TB pool of storage via the Microsoft ISCSI connector with MPIO to a virtual server.

It shows up as 2TB on drive G and is available to move files on to.

When i restore from tape some files from our physical file server using Backup Exec 2010 and agent it will initially create the folder structure and resotre up to 2Gb before hanging and fails with the following error.

V-79-57344-65072 - Connection to the restore target has been lost.  Operation canceled.

Incidently i have attached another 2tb via the same method to a physical server and i get another issue with the same files where the job runs at 50mb a min which is to slow to realistically restore is this the same issue potentially?

Hope someone can help.

Oli

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check the working of the new SAN first.

Just copy al large bunch of files (at least 10 GB) from a local drive to this new iSCSI volume to see if that runs smoothly.

coxo2609
Level 2

I know it is not as much as you advised but i have just moved 6.6Gb 17,609 Files 1785 Folders in 8 mins

Does this give you a clue?

Thanks Again Oli

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Not realy, but in your story it looks like the SAN is new, therefore my fist thoughts are to test the working of this piece.

Do you have a dedicated iSCSI network, or is it just connected to your normal switches/network environment?

What if you copy data from the first server (from the 2TB volume) to the second server (with another 2 TB volume), what speeds to you get ?

coxo2609
Level 2

Some Background

The SAN is new and we are currently testing.  It is connected into a gig switch switch which is connected to the gig backbone for the Network.

We are able to replicate to the DR SAN on the same switch at over a Gb min

It is a EMC VNXe  3300

I am currently moving 17Gig from one disk to the other as suggested. (Windows says 56mins to go).