cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retrieve job log - Error message

Greg_Foulks
Level 3
I've been fighting with my upgraded Backup Exec for sometime and finally gave in and am trying to see if anyone here can help.

I'm running BackUp Exec 9.0 Rev 4454 on a Windows 2000 Server Sp4

My backup jobs are failing and I can't see why because when I try to open the job log I get a popup window that says

Unable to retrieve job log. No further information available.

What is the deal? How can I correct this so that I can see what the job log is reporting for my failed jobs.

Thanks,
Greg
8 REPLIES 8

Greg_Foulks
Level 3
anyone know how to correct this problem?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I's try the free upgrade to v9.1

9.1.4691.1 here
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264658.htm

SP4a here
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280008.htm

Greg_Foulks
Level 3
I've upgraded to 9.1 sp4 and I am still getting the same error.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Make sure that you are using MDAC component checker v 2.8 and there are no mismatched files.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Greg_Foulks
Level 3
Okay, then what?

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-Try recreating those job for which you are getting this error ...

-Are you getting the same error if u create a new list today and run a job ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Greg_Foulks
Level 3
I've removed all of the old jobs and tried to create a new job when I get this message.

The job summary cann't be displayed. The library file MSXML3.dll cannot be found or loaded. Your must reinstall Backup Exec so that the MSXML3.dll file can be entered into the Windows Registry.

I reinstalled Backup Exec and still get this error message. If I click OK and continue. After I run the job I now get this error message.

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\BkupExec.exe

abnormal program termination

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

From the microsoft site please download and install MSXML latest service pack and verify results.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.