cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run reports

Keith_Hill
Level 2
I have upgraded to version 10.b and am unable to run almost all reports. There was another thread that suggested the file p2soledb.dll should be in the system32 directory. I do not have it there, I did however find this file at C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT. Checking the version revealed version 8.5.0.20.
7 REPLIES 7

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Note: the drive letter X shown below is where backup exec is installed, use the proper drive letter where BEWS is installed on the system in question.

X:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Reports\Saved\HTML

X:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Reports\Saved\

To resolve this error, if the above directories are not present:

1. Stop all BEWS services

2. Create the above directories as shown (Using the proper drive letter where backup Exec was installed)

Hope, this should resolve the issue. If the problem persists, please write to us with the following logs. This will help us in providing you an accurate solution.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Keith_Hill
Level 2
The directories are there. I checked this before because it was referenced on an earlier post.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Try copying the p2soledb.dll from the Veritas directory to the system32 directory.

Rename the existing p2soledb.dll in system32 directory to p2soledb.old.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to the �answered questions� pool.

Keith_Hill
Level 2
I copied the file p2soledb.dll to the C:\Windows\System32 directory. No change. I still have the same error.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Repair the installation and try backingup again Repairing Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Keith_Hill
Level 2
I ran the repair and the reports still do not run. This is the same problem I am having on three master backup servers. I have one that works but it was installed as ver 10.0 and not upgraded from ver 9.1.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

This could also happen if there is a problem with the database.
In that case please follow the technote given below.

(title) How to create a new SQL database in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 when the original database is corrupt and cannot be repaired
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254014

However please note in that case you would loose the earlier configuration.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.