cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select ANY files or folders on MainServer

Michael_Gruber_
Level 2
Hello all

I'm having problems with ONE BE 10.0 installation on a W2003 SBS server - a second HP Server Installation also with W2003SBS and with Ultrium Tape is running well.

Initially I installed from the CD Package - and I had trobles accessing the DAT DDS5 Device this is already fixed.

Now i deinstalled and downloaded the Installation files from 2005-05-31 v10.0 build 5520 and reinstalled.

Device accessing with NTbackup is ok

But now I cannot create a backup job because I cannot select ANY file or directory on the server where BE is installed.

neither I can select files on my second server which is acting as Terminal Server with W2003

other software: SQL2000 is installed from the SBS package with SP3 of course
And I did Installation with MSDE besides the already running SQl Server

- do I have to deinstall BE ? - no I think but I did it already
- do I have to deinstall MSDE ? - no - there are also other MSDE instances running like SBSmonitoring etc
- reinstall a new Instance of SQL Server with the named Instance \\SRV01\BKUPEXEC ? - no i think
- and after that reinstall Backup exec ? - reinstall with original build or with biuld 5520 ?

The Install Guide is not very descriptive, which options are possible and which options are not working.
If this is really the problem NOW - I wonder why the installation routinde doenst detect a running SQL Server and warns me ? If I try to install a wrong configuration !

any Ideas -

Michael

Message was edited by:
Michael Gruber19:34 MEST
Message was edited by:
Michael Gruber
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

It seems that you are having a problem with the device not getting detected by Backup exec.

And now you have installed BE v10.0 5520 and still you hav ethe same problem and also you can not select any data on the BE server as well as on the terminal server With windows 2003.

-- You have installed SQL 2000 on the Backup Exec server, so have you got any error during the installation related to MSDE?
You can verify the same in th eBKUPINST.log file located at c:\Winnt.

Are you getting any error while selecting the data on the local or the remote server?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michael_Gruber_
Level 2
Hi Deppali

The cause of the problem is partially detectec.
It was definitely a problem with the access permissions of the administrator account.

I created a different login account that worked
because administrator happens to be not working well

I cannot tell why, but this lousy SBS server has troubles

Backup to Disk is ok
Backup to Tape has errors - no error number

---------------
Auftrag beendet am Freitag, 24. Juni 2005 um 04:08:40
Abschlußstatus: Fehlgeschlagen
Endgültiger Fehler: 0xe00084f4 - Unbekannter Fehler aufgetreten.
Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Systemfehler

Zusätzliche Informationen zu diesem Fehler finden Sie unter der Verknüpfung V-79-57344-34036

Fehler
Klicken Sie auf eine der unten aufgeführten Fehlermeldungen, um den Fehler im Auftragsprotokoll zu finden
Sichern- SRV01Speichergerät "HP 1" hat bei folgender Anforderung einen Fehler gemeldet: Abfragen der Daten zur Einheit.
Fehler:
Ungültiges Argument für den Wechsler der physischen Datenträger.
V-79-57344-34036 - Unbekannter Fehler aufgetreten.
-------------------

MichaelMessage was edited by:
Michael Gruber

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Thank you for the update.

As you have mentioned in your post that the backup on Backup to Disk folder is ok and that on the tape is getting error with no error number, I would like to know when are you getting the 0xe00084f4 mentioned in your post. It seems it is in German.

Can you shed more light on the error and when you are getting ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.