cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected end of media during verify

Dan_Bridges
Level 2
I looked this one up and performed the erase etc. Nothing helps. I'm getting a good backup, just not a good verify. If I run a verify job on the tapes they run fine- no errors. I can even restore them perfectly. I get this error while verifying a job to a Sony AIT2 Turbo tape drive. Sometimes the error is at the beginning of the verify sometimes at the end. This server also has a disk to disk backup job that runs flawlessly. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dan

SBS server 2003 BE 10d
4 REPLIES 4

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
You could try using different drivers.
If you are using Veritas drivers then try using vendor supplied drivers.
And if you are using vendor supplied drivers try using Veritas drivers.

Note: Device driver information is offered in the Computer Management MMC Console. All tape drivers supplied by Veritas are suffixed with "-VRTS" to allow easy recognition.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dan_Bridges
Level 2
That is a good idea. I am using the Veritas drivers. I will let you know.

Thanks- Dan

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dan_Bridges
Level 2
I didn't have to change drivers. I set the buffer settings back to default and haven't had the problem since. I originally changed the settings to fix the problem so who knows. If it re-occurs, I will try changing drivers.

Thanks for the help-

Dan Bridges