cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ungültiger Identifikator für die Medien des Wechslers der physischen Datenträger.

Hans-Peter
Level 2
Since a couple of days I receive the error message "Ungültiger Identifikator für die Medien des Wechslers der physischen Datenträger." when copying the backup data from the hard drive to the tape. After the error is received the process stops and does not finish. State goes to "failed". It can be that this particular error message does not appear when the tape is in use next time or it also might be that this error message is coming from a totaly different tape. I don't think that this error is coming from a tape because then I guess it must be the same tape always. Does someone know what is causing this error? Actually it is not a real issue because I have my backups still on the hard drive. Any answer is appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

How you are initiating this copy operation? You must use stages/duplicate jobs to copy backup data.

Hans-Peter
Level 2

Yes, I do. See attached JPEG. In the picture I put screenshots from the Full Backup only but the same goes for Inkrementell.

andreasbauer
Level 3

Hello!

Did you solve your Problem? I have exactly the same since some Days

Best Regards, Andreas

Hans-Peter
Level 2

Hi,

no, I don't have these problems anymore because I reconfigured the backup system completely.