cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix agent error e000848c

Bernd_Maierhofe
Level 3
Using BE for Windows Server 10.0. rev 5520, SP 2 installed, HF 31,32,33 and the be_agnt_269803.

With the SP2 installed, I receive the e000848c when trying to backup the linux server. Before the SP everything worked ok. I can see the directories when selecting what to backup, however the backup itself fails.

I added the IP adresses of both machines to the hosts file and checked the spelling ofthe names of the machines in the hostnames file.

Any way to get the agent running?

Installing RALUS failed because the linux system is debian sarge 3.1

Any way out?

TIA Bernd
4 REPLIES 4

Bernd_Maierhofe
Level 3
This:
>This article did the trick: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/284886.htm
>
>In a nutshell, make sure you have a System Logon Account set up with the
>correct credentials. Go to the Network menu, then to Logon Accounts, then click
>System Account on the right and add the goods. Then the Linux machines just
>magically work (as long as whatever credentials you selected for them are valid
>as well as those for the System Account. It seems it uses the credentials you
>select for creating the selection lists, but the System Account for actually doing
>the backup.)

seems to help, but when I go into the Logon Accounts, the button "System Account" is disabled, so I can not recreate the account. BTW. The "copy to server" button is diabled too.

Any idea?

Bernd_Maierhofe
Level 3
Ok, silly me. The account existed, so the button was disabled. :\

But what credits do I enter here, to solve my problem? The credits for logging into the media server, the linux machine, ...?

Bernd_Maierhofe
Level 3
Well, I did it. This is to share my findings.
First: The system account must exist and be valid. This is the account, to log on the machine where BE runs.
Second: Be sure to mark an account as default logon only if this account is able to logon to the machine where BE runs.

This was the point for us: The server hosting BE is in another domain than the servers to be backed up, so the account for the BE-server (system account) does not match the account for the servers (tried to be set as default logon). If the latter is set as default, an error is issued, when editing the job.

Having things setup accordingly, everything works well now.

Bernd_Maierhofe
Level 3
Things are working now.