Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Patch Manually - 12.5

Lim_Shann
Level 3

Hi All,

Would appreciate any pointer! 

I have a 32bit BE Server 12.5 running with six 32-bit remote agents.  Currently, I added a new Win Server running 64-bit. 

I need to patch the BE Server and remote agent manually as my servers are not connected to internet.  In this case, do I need to patch BE Server with both 32-bit and 64-bit patch and hotfixes before I can push to my servers since one of them running on 64-bit. 

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes all the service packs do have all the hotfixes and patches which were released prior to the service pack.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

If your Media Server is 32bit, all you would need to do is install the 32 bit service pack on the Media Server (reboot if required), and push out the remote agents. If you don't want to push them, copy the RAWS32 or RAWS64 folders from \Backup Exec\Agents folder on to the respective servers and then patch them.

Lim_Shann
Level 3

Hi Jaydeep,

Thanks so much for the info.  Would like to check another thing, I am going to apply SP4. Each SP is accumulative of all previous patches and hotfixes right? 

I have read through the SP4 tech articles for accumulated patches and hotfixes but I am unable to find some hotfixes.  Thanks.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Yes all the service packs do have all the hotfixes and patches which were released prior to the service pack.