cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade BackupExec 2010 to 20.4

Hi, we have Backup Exec 2010 with all its licensed options and etc.. and need to upgrade to 20.4.

We purchased the new licenses and options, etc.. but from the reading I have done, we have to jump from version 2010 to 2014 and then on to 20.4

The problem is, I cannot find any keys for the 2014 versions to do the interim upgrade.. should I just upgrade as the trial or is there a better way to do this?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Re: Upgrade BackupExec 2010 to 20.4

No.  There is no better way to do this.  You can upgrade to BE 2014 as a trial and then upgrade to BE 20.5 which is the latest version.

Make sure that your BE Server has a server-class OS and it is 64-bit.  Also, check the BE 20.5 SCL and HCL to make sure that your applications and devices are supported.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Accepted Solution!

No.  There is no better way to do this.  You can upgrade to BE 2014 as a trial and then upgrade to BE 20.5 which is the latest version.

Make sure that your BE Server has a server-class OS and it is 64-bit.  Also, check the BE 20.5 SCL and HCL to make sure that your applications and devices are supported.

View solution in original post

Thanks, I used the trial key and it all seems to have gone well.