cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 11d to 2012

Cypressman
Level 2

Hi,

I have been working with Symantec support since Thursday, (5 days ago), I have Backup Exec11d on an old Server 2003.

Here's what we have done so far, I have built a new server 2003 64 bit, installed 11d, upgraded to 12.5, moved Data and Catalogs from the existing 2003 old server.

Our problem --> whenever we try to launch the console suite, we get an error and are not able to start services.

Any ideas?
Thanks !

• In case you want the logs, let me know which one you need, as I have collected them all.

6 REPLIES 6

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

first of all whats error you see and which service you are unable to start and what error is reported when you try to start them and what does event viewer report. does the issue occur only after moving the data folder or  problem existed even when 12.5 was freshly installed. Is the upgrade to 12.5 or BE 2012 ?

Cypressman
Level 2

We are trying to upgrade from 11d to 2012.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Make sure that the services are started up in services.msc if you haven't already, otherwise try performing a restart of the server before running the upgrade. That said, I've sometimes manually stopped the BE services during upgrades and never not been able to upgrade. Thanks!

lmosla
Level 6
Take a look at this Technote that gives a solution for the problem that you are having http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH51252 Thanks,

lmosla
Level 6
Please verify what version you are referring to. You mention you installed 11d, upgraded to 12.5. Are you talking about not being able to open the console in version 12.5 or are you talking about not being able to open the console in an install of BE 2012? Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the screenshot clearly shows BE 12.5.

Thanks!