cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from BE12.5 to BE2010 R2 - Licensing

Leon_Rice
Not applicable

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed BE2010 R2 over the top of our BE12.5 installation.
Everything went fine but none of the license keys were transferred over.

I logged into our licensing portal account and registered the products using the serial numbers provided but the portal advises license keys aren't required, as below:-

License Details

License Key Required: No
License Key: Data Not Available

Product (SKU):   SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2010 SERVER WIN PER SERVER RENEWAL ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS EXPRESS BAND S (20056137)

.. and the same for all of the agents we've purchased.

So.. for now I'm running the 60 day trial!

I've attemped to use the license keys we had for 12.5 but the wizard advises these are for an earlier version and won't let me.

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks,
Leon

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Leon

BE12.5 license will not work with BE2010R2. If you have a valid contract then Symantec

will provide you the lincese key for BE2010 R2. You will have to contact the licensing team,

If you haven't recieved Upgrade Notification email from Symantec.

To contact licensing team dail 1800-634-4747

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have had this before. Just contact licensing support and they provide the keys for you.

Find the phone number for your country here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care.jsp

Mjahtetn
Level 6

The serial number that you register is for the support, that is why it did not gave you any license key. You should have the notification ID for the upgrade instead and register that in the portal under version upgrade. However, easiest way is to contact the licensing dept. and they will send you the keys.