cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Be2012 on server

jwc1972
Level 5

In 2010 R3 i had some jobs combined to a single job.
This single job had to backup 6 servers onto one tape!

I upgrade this last night After every job this eject the tape

Now if i create Backup Jobs for 3 Servers i will have 3 Jobs waiting for each other to complete and every job will tell the library to get the tape and rewind or wind forward to the next empty space.

Is this by design or can i create jobs as a single streaming job?

Maybe someone can explain this to me.

HELP

IS there a way of moving back to 2010? from 2012

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is by design.

You can follow this article for using BEMCLI to chain Jobs to run them one after another without rewinding the tapes.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/use-bemcli-chain-jobs

Thanks,

-Sush...

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

If you have backup of your data & catalog folder for BE 2010 before doing an upgrade to BE 2012 then yes you can uninstall BE 2012 & then install BE 2010 and ensure you bring it on same level means you have the same service pack level as in the past ,so if you had BE 2010 r3 sp2 ,ensure you install the same & then take backup of existing data folder. & once done,  then copy the data folder which you had taken backup before upgrading to BE 2012, & paste in to C-program file-symantec-backupexec-so that you get all your configuration back & also paste catalogs to at same location

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Chaining jobs will not prevent the unloading/loading of tapes between jobs.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you use a library, the tape will be unloaded back to its slot after a job and the next job will load it from the slot.  This is by design, but it is more a nuisance, rather than a problem with tape libraries.  See this discussion

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/be-2012-combine-backup-jobs-minize-tape-activity

In order to get all your data onto one tape, you should set your first job to overwrite the tape and then the subsequent jobs should append to it.  You must also make sure that the APP of the tape media set is sufficient long so that the last job can append to the tape.