cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Exchange Agent

HalM
Not applicable

We upgraded our media server yesterday from 12.5 to 2010.   Everything went well and last night's backup completed successfully, with the expected exception warnings about the agents.

Our next step will be to upgrade the remote agents.  Reading through the documentation and forums, I am not clear on the proper procedure to do this.  In particular I am concerned about Exchange, Sharepoint and SQL.  Do I need to manually uninstall the old 12.5 agents before I push the new 2010 agents?  Is a server reboot required with any of the new agents?

Thanks for any and all help.

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

A server reboot is usually only required on systems where VSP.SYS (Advanced Open File Driver) was needed - however it is still good practice to reboot servers after installing software so that you are not tempted to install 10 different applications and then not know which application has caused a problem after a reboot (just my 2p)

You should be able to upgarde the remote agent from 12.5 to 2010 without uninstalling the original agent.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
...and without restarting the server. I haven't had a message stating I needed a server restart after an upgrade to RAWS 2010!