cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from 10d to 11d - SQL Consideration

ITRunner
Level 3
Hello there Man Happy

I've just finished upgrading two of our three Backup Exec Servers from 10d to 11d, and besides from having to completely rebuild my backup policies on both due to the upgrade process corrupting them, the upgrades went pretty seamlessly.

These first two servers were both running their BE11d databases on the local MSDE instance which was upgraded to the SQL2005 install as part of the upgrade process.  The question I have is in regards to the third BE server that we have which I want to upgrade this week.  Unlike the first two, the final server to be upgraded to 11d is a WIndows 2003 Terminal Server.  For this reason the machine does not have MSDE housing the BE database, but rather has its database sitting on a SQL2000 server elsewhere on the network.

The main question I have, is that will BE11d happily allow me to upgrade from 10d on that machine, and still work with its database being housed on a SQL2000 box?  If so, are there any special considerations under these circumstances?

Thank you in advance for spending your time looking at this.
2 REPLIES 2

markus_hellwig
Level 2
Since last Saturday i did an upgrade from BE 10d to 11d and a complete new installation of BE 11d, and i think, the SQL instance of BackupExec makes somethink seriously wrong with previously installed SQL versions.

On both Servers there was installed WSUS3 with ##SSEE and the database failed.

ITRunner
Level 3
So on a full version of SQL2000 the upgrade killed your Backup Exec Database?