cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Account Disabled and Mailbox fails to backup!

Grnandrw
Level 2
When we disable a user account who has a mailbox being backed up the backup fails. However when I enable the account it backs it up fine. Is there way to fix this so we can still disable the account and yet still backup the mailbox please? Is there something that i have forgotten to check off?

Thanks for any help.

agreen
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you doing legacy mailbox backups?   or GRT backups?

if legacy, there is no way around this, since they are accomplished by the BackupExec service logging on to Outlook, then attaching to and "reading" all items in the account.  If the account is disabled, you cannot attach to it

If you are doing GRT backups, on the other hand, disabled accounts should be no problem

Grnandrw
Level 2
Thanks Ken and I appreciate the quick response. I think we are using Legacy Mailbox backups since the Backup Exec is using account logins to back the mailboxes up. Just for my information, Please what are GRT Backups?

Thanks again

Andrew

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
GRT - Granular Restore Technology

On the job setup for a Stores backup select "Enable Restore of Individual Items"  and you can then restore Mailboxes or EMails from the stores backup, rather than having to do the brick level backups

There are some restrictions about where the backup can be targeted, but they have been relaxed a little in v12 from v11d

See  the Admin Guide for details