cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-defined Selections Show servers but won't allow backup of share

cconnor26
Level 2

I have two SNAPServers that have shares set up on them.  Switched from ARCServe to BackupExec software recently but BackupExec won't allow me to pick the shares from the SNAPServers to back them up.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If they are CIFS shares we should be able to backup as long as the user/reource credentials in the job have access. That said if the SNAP device also supports NDMP then you will need to disable NDMP on the device for it to work and as someone else has stated you will need a RAWS serial number installed on the media server.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In backup exec go to tools - options and network and security. Make sure enable selection of user shares is checked.

cconnor26
Level 2

I had done that earlier with the same result.  Any other ideas?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Even though you cannot install the RAWS agent on the NAS boxes, if BackupExec thinks they run a ServerOS, you must install a RAWS serial for each one before it will backup anything from them, even through a User Defined Share

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just to update, make sure you have added the ip address under the user defined selection list and expanding that one. Also can you attach the screen shot as how it exactly looks like. While expanding the share enable sgmon and put the result here

Dev_T
Level 6

SNAP shares/volumes are not supported by Backup Exec.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If they are CIFS shares we should be able to backup as long as the user/reource credentials in the job have access. That said if the SNAP device also supports NDMP then you will need to disable NDMP on the device for it to work and as someone else has stated you will need a RAWS serial number installed on the media server.