cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User "XXXX" is not part of the Exchange Organization Administrators Group

Petter_Fossum
Level 4
Partner

I'm trying to configure Exchange 2007 backup using Backup Exec 2012.

When I was not able to browse the stores, I used the Backup Exec Support Tool and found the error:

User "XXXX" is not part of the Exchange Organization Administrators Group. I have indeed added the user to the group and have verified it both by running a powershell command in Exchange and seen it in the Exchange Management Console.

I've enclosed a picture of the error message as well as a printscreen from Exchange Management Console.

All the other tests are green.

Any ideas what might cause these? I've tried to log on and off several times.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Petter,

You might want to refer to the TN below on how to setup the BESA for Exchange!

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184449

Another TN worth keeping is this:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130255

Thanks!

Petter_Fossum
Level 4
Partner

Hi and thanks for you reply :)

Checked and verified local policies

Act as part of operating system

Backup Files and Directories

Create a token object

Logon as a batch job

Logon as a service

Manage Auditing and Security log (even this is not applicable for 2007)

Restore files and directories

Take ownership og files and other objects

Permissions

Exchange Organization Administrator (verified both by PowerShell and GUI, but SymHelp tool says the backup user is not member of the group)

Domain Admin

Active Mailbox (have both sent and received mails)

Unique name

Account is not hidden i GAL

Default system logon account equals Backup Exec Service Account (not 100% sure what this mean, but I'm using the same account for Default System Logon Account and Exchange backup)

I can logon to the Exchange Management Console with the backup user and perform all manner of administration so I'm inclinded to believe that the group membership is working properly and there is some "fluke" with Backup Exec.

William_Donigan
Level 4
Employee

Hey Petter,

Is Exchange 2007 on just one server or do you have a separate client access server? If so please install the Backup Exec remote agents on all servers in the Exchange 2007 environment.

Verify that the account in question has Local Administrator rights in the Exchange 2007 Environment and the Backup Exec server.

Run an fltmc command via Command Prompt on the Exchange Server and verify that VirtFile is present.

Verify that Backup Exec and all of the Remote Agent in the Exchange 2007 are up-to date; if they are and the problem still persists please contact support to create a case. You can find the contact information for Backup Exec support here –http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=contactsupport&key=15047.

MatthewK
Not applicable

I was just curious if you were able to find a solution for this issue?  I have the same thing occuring with Exchange 2007 and Backupexec.  Any account I set up that meets the qualifications shows in the support tool as not being a member of exchange organization administrators.  This seemed to occur after upgrading to the latest service pack of Backup Exec 2012

Thanks,

Matthew