Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users can't see their Data in Backup Exec retrieve

Elements_Media
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi @ all

I installed Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server 2010 and Backup Exec Retrieve. When I login as DOmain Admin to the retrieve console I can view all data/snapshots which are taken by CPS. But if I login as normal domain user I can't see anything even if I should have permissions to some folders protected by CPS.

1. Comment from the Backup Exec retrieve and CPS documentation:
"Backup Exec Retrieve provides a Web-based method for end users to search,
browse, preview, and retrieve archived files and email. The files and email must
be in shared folders to which the end users have permission."

--> Do I need to give the users permission to the CPS backup destinations as well? And if yess, which ones?

2. Comment from the Backup Exec retrieve and CPS documentation:
"End users log on with their domain credentials. The system restricts their access
so that they can only retrieve the files to which they originally had access. For
example, if a file server is protected, users likely only have access to the files that
are located inside shared folders.
"

--> In the documentation nowhere is described that I have to change the backup destination permissions. The 2nd coment mentioned above is telling me that the system should managing these permissions like there were set on the originally souce server...

Thanks for your help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look at this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH46496

This lists the permissions required for an user to access their data using BE Retrieve..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I hope that you are aware that CPS is EOL.  BE 2012 does not have CPS anymore and there is no replacement.

Elements_Media
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi pkh

I'm aware of that. Unfortunately I'm aware of that... But you can still use it as standalone product.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look at this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH46496

This lists the permissions required for an user to access their data using BE Retrieve..

Elements_Media
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Super! Thanks. I haven't found this article before...