cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using remote consoles

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

How to check, remotely, the patch level of a media server?  Is that what is showing in Help > About on the Be tool sI'm runnign on the PC? 

The admin tools I installed (from the BE 2010 R3 DVD) on the PC currently saying Tiral Edition.  Does this mean I have to input the same product key used fo the actual media server itself? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How to check, remotely, the patch level of a media server?  Is that what is showing in Help > About on the Be tool sI'm runnign on the PC? 

When you use a remote console and connect to a media server, what you see on the remote console is exactly what you would see when you use the console on the media server that the remote console is connected to.

If you go to Help --->  About and click on the Installed Updates button, you would see all the updates on the media server that the remote console is connected to.

The admin tools I installed (from the BE 2010 R3 DVD) on the PC currently saying Tiral Edition.  Does this mean I have to input the same product key used fo the actual media server itself? 

No. You do not install any licence keys on the remote console which is strictly for adminstrative purposes.  You can however connect to a media server and install licence keys, in which case the licence keys would be installed on the media server and not on the PC that the remote console is installed on.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you use a remote console and connect to a media server, what you see on the remote console is exactly what you would see when you use the console on the media server that the remote console is connected to.

If you go to Help --->  About and click on the Installed Updates button, you would see all the updates on the media server that the remote console is connected to.

No. You do not install any licence keys on the remote console which is strictly for adminstrative purposes.  You can however connect to a media server and install licence keys, in which case the licence keys would be installed on the media server and not on the PC that the remote console is installed on.

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This is the firstw time I've seen somebody grab a secondary question from a different post of mine and make a new thread of it :) Very cool.  I'm always concious of wanting to ensure people get credit, but I'm incredibly busy at times so I sometimes forget to come back to the thread until many days or even weeks later.  So It's handy to see this cropping of posts get done :) Anyway, thank you for your answers, exactly what I needed to know.