cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 9.0.4 Backup Issue

rsiddiqi
Level 5

I am getting following two backup critical errors when I backup EV 9.0.4 using Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3.

Event ID: 41014. The Enterprise Vault Directory database has not been backed up for 4 days. The Directory database contains the Enterprise Vault configuration details and other information. Enterprise Vault cannot function without this database. Your entire Enterprise Vault system and archived data are at risk until this database is secured.

and

Event ID: 41011 The SQL database for Vault Store 'Exchange Vault Store' has not been backed up for 5 days. The information in this database is at risk until the database has been backed up. A Vault Store database contains information about items in a Vault Store. The database is crucial to the operation of Enterprise Vault. This problem is most likely to be caused by a failed backup or the database configuration.

The errors clear out when I do full EV backup on weekends. So, I am doing full backup on weekends and incremental backups during weekdays. The incremental backup also includes every thing.

I am not sure why incremental backup does not reporting back to EV that backup is completed. The only way to clear those two critical alerts is to perform full backup on weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

SaurabhK_BE
Level 3
Employee

Hi,

EV takes full backup into account to determine if the databases have been secured.
Plesae see the following TechNote for the same.
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH50442

Additionaly, if you run full backups only once a week for your EV databases (recommended) and you no longer wish to see the "alert" messages, you can change the threshold within the Vault Admin Console (VAC) by doing the following:
1)  Right-click on the EV Site name and select Properties.
2)  Click the Monitoring tab.
3)  In the Alert column, locate the following items and change the number in the Threshold column to 7 (days):
     Vault Store database backup
     Directory database backup
     Vault Store fingerprint database backup

Hope it helps.