cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-33928 BACKING UP GRT EXCHANGE 2007 SP1 - WIN2K3 X64 R2 SP2 - BE V12 SP1

Dipesh_-_COOPSY
Level 2
Hi All,

I've had these errors with Backup Exec 12d with Service Pack 1

Job ended: 13 May 2008 at 16:36:45
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup-
\\BROOK-DC\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory Mailbox Database and its subdirectories.
Backup- \\BROOK-DC\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory Public Folder Database and its subdirectories.

This is backing up the exchange 2007 on it's own using GRT.

This works fine using B2D. So what could be causing the problem. i've been through the permissions bit and found nothing wrong. Has anyone else experienced this

Dipesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dipesh_-_COOPSY
Level 2

All so far who have made entries to this tree,

Thank you for your response so far. 

I found out that the problem stemmed from a colleague of mine installing Outlook on the server. But the installation of outlook wasn't installed fully and was a remote install so it wouldn't have anything on there, which is the backwards way round to using outlook on the server, but as Backup exec will not like this so it's back to Microsoft's ways of not having Outlook installed on the exchange server.

I will be testing with my collegue the move of the exchange server to another server then install outlook fully on this server where Backup Exec is now and use a remote agent for exchange on the new exchange server and see the results. But from what i can understand as long as the Backup account has full exchange admin rights you should have this problem.

Or you could do what i did until i got the problem sorted was to have a GRT back up on to disk then backup those files to tape. double the work but it works so why not, it's a alternative solution but this was a problem caused by ourselves resolved by ourselves.

Dipesh

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

tigger_tran
Not applicable
Same here.  Exact same issue!!!  Please point me to the right direction in troubleshoot this issue.  thankx

Eirik_Berentsen
Level 3

I just got the same problem!!!! We have a WIN2K3 X86 R2 SP2 - BE V12 SP1

The error started at 02.07.2007. Please help

Message Edited by Eirik Berentsen on 07-04-2008 12:26 AM

Jon_Waite
Level 2

Has anyone found a solution to this yet ? We're building a new customer environment with Exchange 2007 on a Windows Server 2008 platform, BE 12 is running on a Windows Server 2003. Getting the exact same errors regarding permissions:

Backup- \\<exchange server name>\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory ?Mailbox Database and its subdirectories.

Backup- \\<exchange server name>\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory ?Public Folder Database and its subdirectories.

DW1_IT_Departme
Level 3

That helped me a lot:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289649.htm

I had no Mailbox for my Backup-User!

Jon_Waite
Level 2

Had already seen that and double-checked that everything is set as it should be unfortunately. Only appears to occur when GRT is selected for the Exchange backup.

100% sure that there are no disabled user mailboxes on there either as it's a new Exchange server and only a couple of test mailboxes for (non-disabled) test user accounts currently exist.

This is causing a major problem now, I need to get this server into production by the end of this week, but can't until I can backup and restore it. Tried to ring Symantec today to log a support call, but due to 'higher than normal call volumes' I gave up after 45 minutes on hold :(

Eirik_Berentsen
Level 3

Hello.

I resolved this problem by making a Duplicate to Tape job from the Backup to disk job. The backup has runned for two weeks now without any errors

Dipesh_-_COOPSY
Level 2

All so far who have made entries to this tree,

Thank you for your response so far. 

I found out that the problem stemmed from a colleague of mine installing Outlook on the server. But the installation of outlook wasn't installed fully and was a remote install so it wouldn't have anything on there, which is the backwards way round to using outlook on the server, but as Backup exec will not like this so it's back to Microsoft's ways of not having Outlook installed on the exchange server.

I will be testing with my collegue the move of the exchange server to another server then install outlook fully on this server where Backup Exec is now and use a remote agent for exchange on the new exchange server and see the results. But from what i can understand as long as the Backup account has full exchange admin rights you should have this problem.

Or you could do what i did until i got the problem sorted was to have a GRT back up on to disk then backup those files to tape. double the work but it works so why not, it's a alternative solution but this was a problem caused by ourselves resolved by ourselves.

Dipesh