cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-33932 Unable to attach to a resource

Eddie_Vermeer
Level 2
I get this error message on every back up I run against an SBS 2000 server. It appears when it tries to attach to the Exchange server.

The log suggests that the Exchange databases have been backed up and the sizes do match. However, i still cannot get to the bottom of this error.

I have found an article in the kb regarding Backup Exec 9 and have checked this against the servers settings and everything is as the solutions suggests but the error still appears.

I have checked the Backup Exec system accounts permissions and have also created a new account from scratch with the necessary permissions. Each account is able to send and receive emails and I am now currently running on the new account.

All help is greatfully received.

This is the typical error message I am receiving.

Unable to attach to \\SBSSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

Unable to attach to SBSSERVER.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

Unable to attach to \\SBSSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
4 REPLIES 4

Alex_Ackley
Level 3
Is this an upgrade for the exchange server? Did you delete any public folders or private information stores?

I had this problem after upgrading to Exchange 2003 and removing the old server. My selection list was set on looking for a replication folder that no longer existed.

I'd reccomend creating a new selection list and switching to that and seeing if the error reoccurs. This type of message is normally associated with the selection list either being corrupted or looking for an item that no longer exists in my experience.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if the above solution helped. Additionally you may refer the following technote.

Title:
"Unable to attach to one of the drives" (a000848c HEX or e000848c HEX) is reported when a job fails
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Eddie_Vermeer
Level 2
No upgrade to the server has been performed, other than service packs and hotfixes since implementation several years ago. No recent service packs or hotfixes have been installed recently.

However, I have just recreated the job and run a test which has worked (although has done so before). I will run a full backup tonight.

I have also looked at the kb article but it isn't relevant. Where it says that a change needs to be made, this has already been done.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you performed the full backup?
Have you got the same error?
Please update.

You can also refer the following technote:
Title:-
Preliminary Troubleshooting List for Exchange and mailbox backups
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/242606.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.