cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-34036 Backup to disk error

Mark_Dale
Level 2
I have a Windows 2003 Small Business Server backing up to an external USB Hard Drive.

I am using Backup Exec 10.1 rev 5629 for Small Business Server with all updates installed.

Incremental backups are working fine, but full backups fail towards the end of the job (but not at the same point each time) with the following error:

Error reported:
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.

I have read

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276639.htm

All services are configured to use a dedicated Backup user that is a member of Domain Admins except the Remote Agent for Windows service, which logs on as Local System.

I have also re-formatted the external drive and re-created the Backup to disk folders.

Any advice?
5 REPLIES 5

Ed_crossley
Level 4
Is the size of your B2D folder configured to be large enough to hold all your FULL data?

Regards

Ed

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-Have you created removable Backup-to-disk folders ?

-From the Properties of this folders > Configuration tab >

what is the max. size of the backup-to-disk file set to ?
what is the max no. of backup set per backup file set to ?
disk space reserve ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Mark_Dale
Level 2
Hi Gauri, Ed,

To answer both your questions:

The full backup job should be about 70Gb, there is abouut 150Gb available on the external disk, and the backup job is set to overwrite all media.

The max file size is set to 250Gb

The max no. of backup sets is set to 100 (I should presumably set this to 1 as this is the size of the external HDD)

Disk space reserve is currently set to 0

I have NOT created removeable BTD folders (as the ext drive is not removed) - could this be a problem?

Thans for your help,

Mark

Ed_crossley
Level 4
according to my calculations, you have configured your B2D folder to consist of 100 x 250GB files!!!
It is often best to initially go with the default settings of a B2D folder (i.e. 100 x 1GB, i think). This would give you an area of 100GB IN TOTAL for your B2D folder for your backup job to reference.
Try recreating from new a 'default' B2D folder and reference tis in your backu pjob
regards

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Mark,

If you recreate the folder with default settings, does it solve the issue?

Please update us on this.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.