cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure

DAVE_ID
Level 2

Greetings Forum,

I hope you guys can help me. I tried searching for solutions before hand on this forum for this very problem but found none that fit the criteria. Ever since I've installed BE12 on my network, I've been getting this error message:

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008524): Unable to initialize the snapshot because the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) is not installed on the target computer. You must install this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.

And I have done the following:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the agents
  • Redone the entire backup schemes
  • Changed the backup user account

Still I get this error. I used to get it from my Exchange Server and my DC but today I got it also from my File and Print server and my POS server. This has been going on for weeks and I've been running on partial backsups and this is of course getting critical. Being a mobile network (Cirque du Soleil) I need to have secured backups in case some accident should happen during transportation of my servers.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
What version of windows are installed on these servers?

DAVE_ID
Level 2

@SW-symc wrote:
What version of windows are installed on these servers?
I completly forgot to mention that part and I apologize for that. The server versions are Windows 2003 SP2 [Version 5.2.3790]

Here's the complete error log:

Backup- \\[Server_Name]\F: Data

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
Snapshot provider error (0xE000851D): The backup selections for this job include Shadow Copy Components or Microsoft Exchange, which can only be snapped by the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). Select VSS as the snapshot provider, or select the option 'Automatically select open file technology', and then run the job again.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Backup- [Server_Name]

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
Snapshot provider error (0xE000851D): The backup selections for this job include Shadow Copy Components or Microsoft Exchange, which can only be snapped by the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). Select VSS as the snapshot provider, or select the option 'Automatically select open file technology', and then run the job again.

Backup- [Server_Name]

Backup- [Server_Name]

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).

I hope this helps and I hope you guys can help me out.
Message Edited by DAVE ID on 10-15-2008 06:16 PM

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
When you select open file option select Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service and run the backup again.