cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-3852 Error Initializing Encryption

Untalented
Level 4
I'm receiving the above error everytime the duplicate backup job (Disk to Tape) is performed from my Exchange server backup. All of my jobs involved were created using a policy and use the same 128-bit encryption key. So this is what happens.

Everyday an Incremental is Performed
Weekly Full Backup is Performed Saturday Night
Sunday Morning the machine attempts to run through Duplicating the Weekly Backups to tape. All succeeed except the exchange Backup. It appears that about 1.2 Gig's are transferred before it fails.

BE is version 11.0 Rev. 7170. Exchange server is running 2007. Both the BE Server and Exchange are running Windows 2003 R2 SP2 x64. The BE Server has the Management Console installed for Exchange 2007 and the Exchange server has the MAPI component installed that it told me would need to be installed to backup Exchange 2007.

I don't unserstand why all of the backups will duplicate to the tape, but not the Exchange backup. They are all using the same encryption key and BE is fully updated. I couldn't find any direct solution in the forums as I saw others with this problem, but none with a solution. The link with the fix in the Job Log doesn't resolve the issue.
1 REPLY 1

Untalented
Level 4
No one has any idea of what the issue is here?