cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-4615 Exception On Exchange 2007 Backups

Michele_2
Level 4
Hi,

I am testing Backup Exec 12 with hot fixes 300287, 300290, and 300699. Running on a Windows server 2003 SP2. Backing up Exchange 2007 running on Windows server 2008 64bit.

I am receiving the following exception:

V-79-57344-4615 - To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package version 06.05.7888 or later on the Exchange 2007 server. This package can be found on the Microsoft web site.

The Sysadmin has installed the MAPI Client package as well as other recommendations I found in the Knowledge Database:

If the error persists verify the permissions for Backup Exec Service Account:

1. Use a logon account in Backup Exec that is a unique account in Active Directory with an activated mailbox on the Exchange 2007 server. A unique name is one that does not exist in the organization as a subset of characters in another mailbox name. ( Please refer to the Related Documents section for more information.)

2. Ensure that the Backup Exec logon account has Domain Admin rights.

3. The Backup Exec logon account should be assigned the Exchange Server Administrators role in Exchange 2007.

4. Verify that the mailbox for Backup Exec Logon account is not hidden in the Global Address list.

Still receiving the exception. The Knowledge Database does not have anything concerning this exception at the BE 12 level

Anyone with a similar issue, or advise?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Michele_2
Level 4
I ended up opening a case with symantec and received the following reply -

Hi Michele,

As you are running exchange on windows 2008 please refer to the link below.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/294622.htm

As microsoft does not have the MAPI and CDO client available for windows 2008 server we will not be able to use the Granular Recovery Technology for backing up exchange 2007. Please go to backup job properties >> microsoft exchange and uncheck the option to use Granular recovery technology and then run the backups and you should see successful backups.

Please let me know if you still have any further queries.

Thank you,

Prashant K

So, I guess I have to wait for Microsoft to get their act together!