cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-4891 since Upgrade to BE 2010 R3

fwolf
Level 4

Hello everybody,

since I upgraded from BE 2010 R2 to BE 2010 R3 I get the following error message:

Final error: 0xe000131b

V-79-57344-4891

The error message says I have to split NDMP and windows-backup for my duplication job. Why does this error message occur since the upgrade? I do not want to split this job, because the data on the NDMP-location are wothless without the database on the server. Could you tell me how to fix this?

Regards
Florian

2 REPLIES 2

steve1712
Level 4

Same Problem here...

i can't and won't Split!!!!

steve1712
Level 4

one thing i've expected... before update to R3 i had duplication from Disk 2 disk...

i've updated to R3 and also in the same time i've installed a new HP 1:8 Autoloader... and reconfigured the backup to duplicate from disk2tape!!

so i cant really confirm that ths issue is also happening when duplicating from d2d or just from d2t or if maybe the error happens on R2 with d2t too?!

what i've now did is to make two "backup selection lists" one where the windows backups are in (exchange, sql, system state, etc) and the other with my ndmp file shares

i've done also two policies with the jobs that using the selection lists, 2 because i want to export the media after the last duplication job... and when dooing this in one policies with the two backup sel. list attached i also get 2 export tasks and i'm pretty sure that will not work as expected!

so what i 've got now are:

Weekly Full

Weekly Full Duplication to Tape

Weekly NDMP

Weekly NDMP Duplication to Tape

and an export Job!

the next problem wos now that the duplication jobs copied the backup to 2different Tapes!!

i've had opened a case on symntec about the error code and as it looks like this is per design that its not possible to have both windows and ndmp in one duplication job to tape (remind that i don't can confirm this because i've done d2d before R3 instalaltion and with R3 installatin i changed to d2T...)

but i've also asked about the problem that my duplication jobs are using 2 different tapes... because this is not good either if i want to export the weekly tape and take it to the bank or safe or somethign else...

the answer was that i should try to configure partitions, 1 partion where is just 1 slot... and assign the duplication jobs to this 1slot-partition...

so now waiting for weekend and lets see what happens!

Best regards

Steve