cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hello

working with BE 2014 and latest updates.

backup to tape.

The selection list is configure to backup everthing in a specific folder beside one sub folder.

see attched screen shots.

yet, if i have data that was present in the folder that is configured to be backup yesterday and the backup was sucsusfull, and that data was deleted from folder today, the incremnatal backup will run it will report an error and the job will failed.

Why?

we are working in a workflow in which data in copied to that folder everyday, we backup that folder to lto and then delete the media from the folder.

Then, the next backup will run and will add the new data to the tape set, while the old data is not present anymore.

i dont understand why the job is failing. with this error:

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory

It is correct, the folder is not here anymore. but the root folder is there and   the backup should run withut an issue and error

i have seen the KB saying that i should delete the path that is not relevant from the selection Details

but the deleted folder is not mentiond there.

This workflow worked without an issue on BE 2010

12 REPLIES 12

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Why run an incremental when you are actually removing the data from the source folder ?

You can setup only a Full backup method for the specific directory and also choose this option "Delete selected files and folders after successful backup".

Do ensure the AOFO is enabled and set to use the Microsoft VSS provider.

dori_bashan
Level 6

Beacuse not all data is being deleted every day.

Assuming i have 2 folders copied to the root folder named "Sub Folder 1" and "Sub Folder 2"

both are backup to tape today

"Now, we have deleted "Sub Folder 2" but keep "Sub Folder 1.

Incremantel -becuase i don't want "Sub Folder 1" to be backup again...

enable AOFO enabled and Micosoft VSS provider are needs to be set even when i keep the backup  in an incremantal workflow?

Thanks

VJware
Level 6

It would be easier to actually set up 2 jobs. One Full backup with the option to delete files after backup for Sub Folder 2 and the second backup (Full and Incremental) for Sub Folder 1.

Keep AOFO on for both backups.

dori_bashan
Level 6

Not an option to set up 2 seperate jobs.

we have many users managing the files in that folder and i can;t keep track of needs to be deleted and whats not.

Sometimes, they decide not to delete but to rename the folder.

I.e - Sub Folder 2 changing to Sub Folder 2-Old

In that scenarion - in older versions BE  incremental backup would backup that folder again as the name has changed, which is make sense and ok by me.

will AOFO and Microsoft VSS will  help in that workflow?

The funny thing is that if names have changed or folder was deleted, BE will still backup the new data, but the job status is failed instaed of susces.

So - Backup is ok, but it report failed...

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Why do you have to exclude some directories? If you just select the highest level, you should not have any problems

dori_bashan
Level 6

becuse we want to let the users to option to decide that some not-improtant  files will not go to deep lto backup...

dori_bashan
Level 6

and as this folder is mapped to the users as netwrok drive

i can't tell them to place the not-important-data in a diffrent folder,

Getting complicated...

dori_bashan
Level 6

Any idea??

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hi

Well, even when i configured onlyone folder for backup in the selection list,

Without any exclusions

We are seeing this error every few days when someone delete a folder that was backup yesterday

Any other idea on how to solve this?

LegAEI
Level 5

Is it an error or an exception? BE will throw an exception whenever the structure of your selection list changes.

dori_bashan
Level 6

it is an error, and the job is marked as Failed.

even that bassicly everthing is OK, beside some folders that was moved/deleted/renamed on the source.

again, i don't see a reason why those move/delete/renaming on the source cause the jobs to fail.

source is changed everday day, isn't this the all idea behind incremental BU?

Thanks

VJware
Level 6

If you have made top-level selections and AOFO is enabled, then such an error should not occur. Would recommend to log a support case to have a look @ your config and setup.