cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled

Mark_C
Level 3

I have two servers that Backup Exec is having issues communicating with. Backup Exec can authenticate to these servers without issue, I've added firewall and network intrusion exceptions, verified matching application versions, tested different credentials, and added DCOM permissions, but so far nothing has worked. We have many other servers set up the same way that are connecting without issue. Any assistance would be appreciated. I continue to get the following error:

AOFO: Started for resource: "\\SERVERNAME\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
The snapshot provider used by VSS for volume C: - Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0 (Version 1.0.0.7).
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
2 REPLIES 2

lmosla
Level 6

Hi Mark,

It sounds like you have already gone through this document?  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71227

What versions are these servers that have the failure?

Run vssadmin list writers and check which writers may be failing.

Open the Remote Agent utility on the remote servers and under the Publishing tab add the IP address of the media server.

Make sure the Volume Shadow Copy service is set to manual and not started.

Mark_C
Level 3

I have gone through that document.

Both of the servers that are failing are Server 2008 R2 SP1. 

The command you suggested did not report any errors on the writers.

VSS is set to manual. 

I also added the IP to the Remote Agent utility, but the issue is still occuring.

Thanks.