Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

VSN:1680-2389-9448 - Protection Server storage requirement

Archilles_Casti
Level 3
Hi everyone,

VSN Number: 1680-2389-9448

Can somebody provide a clear picture as to what storage capacity are we looking for CPS Protection Server?

I copied below what the CPS Admin Guide recommended and I must say that it's short in giving the ratios between data to be protected from the Business Server(s) against System volume (in Protection Server); the Journals volume; the Backup destination volume and Snapshot storage volume for backup destination.

I've already spent an awful lot of my time reading the forums but I can't find anything that directly answers my query.

With regards to drive type, what's your view of SATA drives on CPS boxes?

I was inclined to purchase an Intel Storage System SSR212CC for CPS server (link below). It's custom made box, can go up to 6TB, has iSCSI support and cheaper. However, I found from the forum that most dedicated CPS boxes are either built on SCSI or FC drives. In fact, the systems used in The Symantec Backup Exec 10d System Sizing have Fiber Channel or SCSIs.

http://www.intel.com/design/servers/storage/ssr212cc/index.htm

Please note that one remote site will be connected to the same CPS box through VPN just in case this will have a big impact on the specs.

Disk Space: CPS Software 58 MB
Disk Space: Logs and Alerts 100 MB
Disk Space: Indexing 1 GB or more as required.
Component

The Protection Server should have at least four separate volumes for ideal performance:
- System volume
- Journals volume
- Backup destination volume
- Snapshot storage volume for backup destination

Regards,
Archie

Regards,
Archie
0 REPLIES 0