cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSS Writer File System V-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing...

Frank_Stewart
Level 3
In each job I recieve the following error on one paticular server.

VSS Writer File SystemV-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

I've read the documention that is suggested for that error, and even applied the hotfix that microsoft released to fix common VSS errors. I'm still recieving this error and I'm having problems figuring out what is causing it.

Has anyone expierenced the same thing? I should also say this happened after the 11d upgrade from 10d.Message was edited by:
Frank Stewart
6 REPLIES 6

Frank_Stewart
Level 3
Anyone..?

Eric_Sabo_2
Level 5
Frank,
I have been working on the same issue now since Dec 20th. Finally today - Symantec and Microsoft are working together on my issue. Hopefully they will fix my problem. This is only happening on my domain controllers.

Russ_Barberio
Level 2
I am having this same problem. I also get the following event in the application section of the event viewer:

Source: Backup Exec
Category: none
Event ID: 34113
Description:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed

-- The job failed with the following error: Afailure occurred accessing the object list.

until recently i was using Yosemite Backup 8 but i couldn't stand that POS so i uninstalled and started using NT Backup until i got a copy of BE 11d. I started having errors and failed backups with NTB. After several hours on the phone with MS I determined that the problem was caused by the 32-bit version of MSDE that installs with Sharepoint Services on my Windows Storage Server 2003 x64. This is a known bug with SQL 32-bit in a 64-bit environment. None of the hotfixes worked. The problem was causing VSS to hang and time-out the backups. The only fix was a workaround by uninstalling Sharepoint Services thereby uninstalling MSSQL Desktop Edition and then making a manual VSS image of the server. NTB worked fine after that.

I am getting these new errors and I am concerned that it is because BE 11d installs a SQL lite version to maintain it's database. I tried running NTB to verify this but it is making backups fine. The only suggestions in the knowledgebase are to install these hotfixes that have already been installed. I have just run LiveUpdate so I will test out the backup again after hours to see if the matter has been resolved.

corey_weeklund
Level 3
I had a similar issue on an HP Storage Server. I had to create an empty XML file under one of the 'system volume information' subfolders (sorry, I don't remember which one).

The gist of the issue was that there were no usage reports defined for the storage server and for some odd reason that was causing me to get this error.

Russ_Barberio
Level 2
i think i found the location from another thread:

c:\system volume information\srm\reports

i created a blank file called default.xml using notepad and saved it in this location. i will try it out tonight to see if it runs.

thanks for your help.

Russ_Barberio
Level 2
Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.