cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSS error e000fe36 - data is corrupt

TennIT
Not applicable
I have upgraded to BE version 12 because of numerous errors using version 10 and 11d.  The continuing error are random VSS errors.  They don't occur every day.  I may run the same job today and it complete fine, but tomorrow it will get VSS error.  The link V-79-5733-65078 says its because Advanced Open File option isn't installed, but obviously, if it works 4 days in a row, that isn't the problem.  It only occurs on my file server (not on exchange or blackberry) and it does not matter where I am writing the backup to (sometimes I backup to NAS, sometimes to a local device).  I can't seem to find any other information on how to get this corrected.  Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6

SteveGill
Not applicable
Hello,
I get a similar problem  - have just upgraded our backup server to win2k8 and installed BE12 with an upgraded BE11d database (so same jobs and settings). BE12 insists on using VSS even though it is told to "never" (i.e. skip) inuse files and AOFO is turned off on the jobs.

Once the job reaches the so called corrupt file and then all files and directories (in alphabetical order) afterwards are skipped (Access denied) because they could not be found. Our BESR backup jobs to this backup server are running continuously and it seems to happen when one of these in-use files is found.

The errors in my log include (all from same job log)

Can post complete log if required.

Thanks,

Steve