cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas 9.1 Email notification

Jamie_Gee
Level 2
hi
we use the email notification to send us when the backups are done. We have changed to an SMTP email provider that requires authentication. Is there any place to put in the password info for EMail notifications send via SMTP?

Thanks
JAMIE
4 REPLIES 4

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Refer the technote given below

How to configure backup jobs to send notification using Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 (includes SMTP configuration)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253178

Is there any place to put in the password info for EMail notifications send via SMTP?
*No

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri

Jamie_Gee
Level 2
I am aware of hiw to set up the SMTP

I see no place hwever to enter SMTP authentication information like
USERNAME and PASSWORD that is required to log onto SMTP servers.

Can you see if there is any place to enter this info in BE 9.1 to send messages?

Is there an SMTP log file generated so I can see what is happening, if anything?

JAMIE

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
I don't believe Veritas supports this function.

Really, if you're big enough to purchase Veritas, you shouldn't find it to big a deal to run your own SMTP service. Not just for Veritas- your business will be better off for it.

Curious_User
Level 2
Hi Jamie, I hope i'm not teaching you to suck eggs, but the only time you need User name and Passwords is to recover e-mail not send it. unless, you have authentication set on your e-mail server for that account which in turn can be disabled for that account in Exchange AD.

Hope this helps.