cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Backup Exec MOM 2k5 Management pack

Dhammika_Weerak
Level 2
Can anyone send me a link for downloading the management pack for the Symantec Backup Exce 10d for Microsoft Operations Manager 2005.
I tryed using the existing management pack for the 8.x, 9.x, 10.x but it deosn't give all the alerts like job finish etc etc..

thanks
DB
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Backup Exec 10.0 for Windows Servers Management pack for Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM).
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271030

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Dhammika_Weerak
Level 2
Hi,

I tryed that Managament pack

Q148528.MOM.100.5484_271030.AKM

it is only for backup exec 10.x.. but not giving information events like Backup completed. etc..

I need those events to be displayed on the MOM console. And I checked on the management pack rules there are rules for monitoring the jobs for events like successfully complete the job etc ... but not giving those on MOM..

can u help me on this

thanks

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Did you read the white paper for Backup Exec Management Pack for Microsoft Operations Manager ? The link to download is mentioned in the same technote given in previous reply. In this white paper, it is mentioned about the events generated. For job completion, it will be seen as Job Success with Event Id:34112.

If you havent read it, I would request you to do so. The technote given in our previous reply is valid for Backup Exec v10d also.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.