cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Update

Richard_Wagstaf
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I have just upgraded our Backup Exec 9.1 to 10. When I then ran Veritas Update I saw that there were many updates and patches available (including SP1, SP2 & SP3).

I installed SP3 and when I re-ran the Veritas Update I see that there are still 14 updates listed (including SP1).

I assumed that SP3 also included SP1. Am I wrong on this and should I go ahead and install SP1 and the remaining updates now that SP3 is already installed?
3 REPLIES 3

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Since you have already installed SP3 there is no need to install SP1.

Thanks

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and

archived.

Richard_Wagstaf
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Many thanks for the info.

After installing SP3 I noticed that there were several updated still listed on the update page. However, when I tried to install them I got an error message saying that the update couldn't be processed as SP1 wasn't installed.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that now you are possessing Backup Exec v10.0 Build 5484. You have installed the Service Pack 3 for it.

Now, I would like to know, what other updates are you trying to install ? what is the exact error message that it is giving ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.