cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas backup exec 9.1 database diagram

larry_lapierre
Level 2
Does anyone have a diagram of the database? I am looking at collecting post job information to put into another SQL database I have to stream line the management of our backups.
11 REPLIES 11

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Do you want to "Change BEDB Location"?
If so , then refer the following technote:-

How to change the Backup Exec database location using BEUTILITY .
http://support.veritas.com/docs/275658

If our understanding regarding your query is incorrect please elaborate.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

larry_lapierre
Level 2
No, not to move the database.

What I am doing is using SQL to collect information from the database to create my own custom report.

I am looking at the table that make up the veritas database. do you have a database map of the relationship of the tables?

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
A collegue of mine (database guru) did that for me, I may look for it tomorow and mail it to you.

greetings Peter

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Generally we do not suggest customers to modify the internal database settings.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

larry_lapierre
Level 2
Thanks Peter. if you could send that to me, that would be great.

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
Deepali Badave wrote:

> Generally we do not suggest customers to modify the internal database settings

Nobody ever wrote that she or he wanted to change anything in the database or it's settings.
We only want to extract valuable information from it.

I will post the realtions as soon as I find it.

greetings
Peter

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
Hmm, I got the relations (foreign keys). As this forum does not show email addresses, may I post them here?(moderators please tell me).

greetings
Peter

larry_lapierre
Level 2
You can email me at larry.lapierre@daviscofoods.com.

Thanks.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We understand that you want to access the SQL database for generating certain reports.
This is not recommended hence we will not be able to further truobleshoot your issue.

However you can check the available reports for 10.0 version please check in the admin guide:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/269777

Thanks,

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
Sharvari Deshmukh wrote:
> We understand that you want to access the SQL database for generating certain reports.
This is not recommended hence we will not be able to further truobleshoot your issue.

Of course everybody with some sence for safety/security will do that on a copy (as we did).

greetings
Peter

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if we can mark this thread as assumed answered.

Thanks

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.