cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brick level backup, information store crash

Peter_Svensson
Not applicable
Hi!

I have a litle delicate problem with Backup Exec and brick level backup.

The problem is that the brick level crash store.exe (which is an imported exe file for Exchange). Sometimes this happens after 3GB and sometimes after 40GB. I have viewed the eventlog but cant find any information except

Event: 7011
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the MSExchangeIS service.

Event 7031:
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I know that Microsoft doenst support brick level so this is my last chanse to solve this problem before I register a case with the support.

System settings:
Windows Server 2003 sp1
Exchange 2003 sp1
Dual 2.4Ghz and 2GB ram
Harddrive: large :)

Backup Exec 9.1 v4691
I think that the hotfix 47 is instlled.

If i forgot any information please let me know.

Regards
Peter Svensson
Saldab, SE
peter(a)saldab.se
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

As a preliminary step, exclude the \EXCHSRVR folder from the backup.

This is because when an Exchange agent is installed, it is recommended to backup the Exchange Server using exchange agent options (i.e. Microsoft Exchange
Mailboxes, Microsoft Exchange Information Store) and exclude the \EXCHSRVR folder from the backup job.

It is also recommended to stop the antivirus
services when backup job is running.

- To isolate the cause of the issue, we suggest you to perform the Exchange
Information store backup using WindowsNT backup utility and verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.