cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas hangs when Status:Locating Media when trying to restore from backup

Ben_Nesbitt
Level 2
When trying to recover a corrupt database using it hangs when the status is "Locating media". I am backing up onto solid media, not tape. Why is this?! The initial backup appeared to be successful yet I cannot use it to restore the corrupt database. Please help!
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
could you Elaborate on the issue.
- Do you mean the backup was corrupt?
- Which Databse are you trying to restore?
- Do you mean by 'Solid Media' a backup to disk folder?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Ben_Nesbitt
Level 2
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. It was an MS Access database that I was trying to recover. When I tried to restore it from the backup it just sat with the message "LOCATING MEDIA" and didnt move. I back up onto a Dell Nas box.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems you are restoring an Access database from a backup to a Dell Nas box. Ensure the following:

- that the backup was successful
- The Nas device is available, backup exec iw able to locate it in devices tab and also allows to select the data for restore
- Do you get any error alerts in the backup exec alerts tab
- also check if there are any errors in the event logs in windows

Revert if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.