cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas update shows no supported products

Steven_Rothkin
Level 3
I'm running on Windows 2000 SP4. I had been running BENT 9.1 and Veritas update worked properly then.

This week I upgraded to BENT 10d (latest install from web site). Now when I go to Veritas update I get

No supported VERITAS products

Could not find a VERITAS product supported by VERITAS Update on the local computer. Please go to the VERITAS Support web site at http://support.veritas.com to obtain patches for your VERITAS products.

I went through add/remove programs and repaired both Veritas Update and Backup Exec, but the problem still persists.
7 REPLIES 7

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Have you set any other Internet browser as your default?
Please use IE 6.0 or later.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Steven_Rothkin
Level 3
I am using IE 6.0.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the following link and check if it opens the page for Veritas update :

http://softwareupdate.veritas.com/be/welcomepage.jhtml

Also, have you tried opening Veritas Update from Tools - Veritas Update in Backup Exec ?

Hope it helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Jonathan_Huber
Not applicable
Partner Accredited
Can we please get this issue escalated? Annoyingly email to Symantec Technical Services resulted in us being directed to this newsgroup. We also see BE v10.1 failing the Veritas Update, List Available updates at multiple client sites. Is there a known problem with this? It seems unlikely that we have multiple corrupted installations (and everything else works fine) so I am very reluctant to do the suggestion in the newsgroups of doing a full BE install/repair since this will require rebooting the servers.

Steven_Rothkin
Level 3
Please read the post more carefully before replying. I get to the veritas update page fine -- I never said I couldn't get to the page.

When I click the list updates link on the page, it gives me the no products found message.

The same problem happens regardless of whether I go to the page from Tools -> Veritas Update in Backup Exec or by using link placed on the start menu.

Steven_Rothkin
Level 3
Please escalate this issue as it has been over one week with no solution.

Thomas_Makro
Level 3
Same problem here.
Have two Win2000 SP4 servers with backup exec 10d. Both can show the veritas web site in IE, but both get this message:

Could not find a VERITAS product supported by VERITAS Update on the local computer. Please go to the VERITAS Support web site at http://support.veritas.com to obtain patches for your VERITAS products.

So, I've made a clean install of Win2000 server with SP4 on a test box, but same problem. Even after upgrading IE to version 6.

This seems to be a problem with Backup Exec. Any ideas?