cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 12 basically doesn't work. Ideas??

Level 3
I actually rebuilt my W2003 backlup server from scratch (for other reasons) and then elected to install Version 12 clean instead of goig to 11d and upgrading.  The list of things that doesn't work is awesome.  Noen of the three tapes drives are recognized, yet Symantec drivers are installed for all three and show "operaitng properly" from Windows.  If I make a backup to disk folder and a new media set, I still can't do any backups as the job reports "no media server online" or some such nonsense.  And, of course, I have the email configuration problem but that is minor if the program won't do backups.  As far as I can tell everything installed properly -- it just doesn't work.  And I made no attempt to import any data from the prior 11d install (which databases I did preserve).  I've uninstalled and re-installed several times all to no avail.  Cannot understand why backup jobs won't run nor why tape drives are not found.  11d worked fine on this same server (or at least as well as 11d ever worked...).  Anyone have any ideas (other than just going back to 11d)???

Steve Margison
Tivoli Enterprise, Inc.
Downers Grove, IL
1 REPLY 1

JJchief
Level 3
Steve,

BE 12D has been a disaster install for us as well. I upgraded from 11D hoping that the numerous issues we were facing might have been addressed in BE 12D. Unfortunately, not much has changed apart from the slick GUI.

Uninstall BE 12D once again, delete the Backup Exec folder with in program files in explorer, uninstall the SQL server database (assuming that the database was installed along with BE12D) and then try reinstalling.

It helped resolve multiple problems for me. I am still having issues with DLO option and CPS. But the primary program seems to be working fine and completed the first full backup successfully!