cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on Acknowledgement of Alert

Rodney_Pritchet
Not applicable
My backup job will stay active until I Acknowledge the alert telling me to remove the media. How can I make the job say complete without acknowledging the alert.
11 REPLIES 11

Thomas_Mackey
Level 4
Try tools, alerts catagories, tape alert warning, and change the time to automatically clear alert.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Alerts remain active in the system until a response is entered, or alert category property can be configured to automatically clear the alert after a specified length of time. Refer the following technote for the same:

Technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254685.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Bella_Garnett
Not applicable
I am having a similar problem with 10d. The remove media alert is not being clear automatically, even though I have configured the system to do so using the Symantec online instructions.

Chuck_McGavern
Level 3
Same problem here with my evaluation copy. I've seen several other people with the same problem. All we ever get is pointers to the same 2 docs which most people have mentioned that they have already tried...

Then they get the old "We will close in 2 days blah blah" speech. Well, Veritas/Symantec has lost my business over this issue. I'm glad I tried the evaluation version first before buying it if this is there idea of support..

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Rodeney,

Does the problem related to alerts still persists? Also refer to the tn below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/192055

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Chuck_McGavern
Level 3
I applied the 2/15/06 Device driver update for my 10d eval copy and my SDLT320 is now able to unload and the backup complete as expected..

There was no notes to indicate the driver update would help this, but it was my last attempt to fix the problem.

You may want to give it a try..

Patrick_Burwell
Level 3
THis was an old issue with veritas all the way back to NT. DO we still have to make a registry change to get the alerts to self acknowledge?
MY 10d still waits for ack to complete and sits at 63%, making me think it's not done, when all it is waiting for is the ack.
That 63% indicator is fals. It should show 99%.

So, how do I auto-ack an alert so we do not have to ack manually every single day to finish?

Travan 20/40 GB ide tape drive.
SP1 and Tape driver update alrady installed (which fixed the CRC errors)

WUPS... just saw this:

Alerts remain active in the system until a response is entered, or alert category property can be configured to automatically clear the alert after a specified length of time. Refer the following technote for the same:

Technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254685.htmMessage was edited by:
Patrick Burwell

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

ProfEnigma
Level 2
I bought a copy of 10D with my new server.  I have this same problem and have gone through the steps in 192055.  It still does not auto-acknowledge so the job does not complete.  Doesn't Symantec have support for their products?  I might as well go back to my old Veritas version, at least it worked.

ProfEnigma
Level 2
I have been waiting more than two weeks for a response to this and another message.  My newly purchased version of Backup Exec for Windows Servers does not seem to have any support from Symantec.  After two weeks of run around by their support people they sent me back here again.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I agree that Symantec Support is a far cry from what Veritas used to provide.  Even though the title of this forum says "Moderated", I haven't seen a Symantec post for over a month.

AutoResponse has alway been flakey in v10x.  Several posts about it produced no hard answers that I can remember

You don't mention the build number that is installed   Have you considered an upgrade to v10d with SP3

v10.1.5629.3 here

SP3 here

HotFix 48 here

Driver Pack here

If that doesn't work, you can always remove Eject on End from your job description and eject manually when you swap tapes

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 06-29-200708:54 AM