cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the magic trick to actually get your license keys?

Bruce_Musgrove
Level 3
I can't seem to get past the 2+ hour wait times, customer service employees who are not, consisitent hangups and disconnects after 2 + hours of waiting, Email addresses given to me by the CSE to email my proof of premaintenenace agreements and previous licenses too.

When I do get a live person, I can't get them to understand that they have somwhow managed to get my purchase tangled up with 5 other distinctly seperate purchases (different order numbers , PO's and all) from different departments in our educatinal institution. They keep insisting someone else owns the software and the keys were mailed to them.
5 REPLIES 5

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Ask your vendor to sort it

Dan_McLaughlin
Level 3
I'm afraid the only people who can really solve your problem are the folks you've already been having difficulties with - bummer of a situation.

I've found that calling during non-peak times can sometimes help - you get people who are more willing to put the time in to fix your problem vs. just getting you off the phone. Friday afternoons or very early in the morning are sometimes worth trying. Also, not sure if Symantec has a "Live Chat" help or not, but I've found this is sometimes easier than sitting on the phone - at least you get everything they say in writing.

Good luck!

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Your vendor needs to sort out the correct serial number matched to your organisation. Get them to untangle your purchases, then go back to licencing support to get your keys.

Bruce_Musgrove
Level 3
Unfortunately it was not the vendor who did it. Back when it was Veritas, every department who ordered from our university had a different base customer number, allowing us to keep all of the different departments seperate as far as each one manageing their own purchases / licenses. Shortly after Symantec took over, Symantec took all of the seperate customer numbers, picked one and combined everyone under the one number and started treating the univeristy as a whole as one customer number. That was about 3 years ago and we ( we as in me and the vendor) still can't get it fixed. Symantec refuses to understand / see / believe that each department at some universities is it's own distinct seperate entity as far as ordering, licensing and IT resources.

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
They obviously don't understand University politics, a conglomerate of fiefdoms if that makes sense.

I think it is time for you to talk to sales, not support, and get extremely insistent.